03 November 2008

countdown

I've gotten more than a few calls from the Obama campaign proper, and MoveOn.org representatives, and I think even someone from Environment Colorado. Much though I'd like to help, I have my own weird little commitments that take up time (you can decide if my girlfriend fits into either of those categories for yourself).

The fact of the matter is this: if you're not of the mind that we absolutely need to change horsemen mid-Apocalypse right now, before it's too late (if it isn't already), I don't know what's going to convince you. It's not that I don't think people should be able to hold their own opinions, it's that I don't see how you can continue to hold a frighteningly wrong one in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

John McCain is dead. Long live John McCain (wait, that's not right... The John McCain we knew is dead, and I don't like this new one a single bit)!

I hope the American people actually get to choose their leader this year, that our fundamental rights aren't stolen away by people who don't care a single bit about what this country means, or about the people that still believe in what this country means.

It's in our hands, now. I hope we don't fuck it up again.

No comments: